THE EIGHT RULES OF ALBERTUS MAGNUS
Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. (NewT:2 Corinthians 7:1)
Albertus was a renowned Dominican monk who will be discussed in the
monastery section. Here's his advice to honest
1) Be reserved and silent.
2) Work in a remote private home.
3) Choose your working hours prudently.
4) Be patient, watchfull, and tenacious.
5) Work on a fixed plan.
6) Use only glass or glazed earthenware crucibles.
7) You must be rich enough to pay for your experiments. (Several centuries earlier, an alchemist named Zosimos the Wise suggested marrying a rich wife.)
8) Have nothing to do with princes and nobles.
[From The Goldmakers, by K. K. Doberer; page 44.]